Tastes on the Fly is environmentally responsible and dedicated to sustainability. This focus has been recognized by many airports. San Francisco International Airport credits our efforts as one of the many reasons Terminal 2 became the first Gold LEED-certified terminal in North America. We have received accreditation from Green Denver for all of our restaurants in Denver International’s C Concourse. We’ve also been certified as green businesses in both San Mateo County and San Francisco.
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR EFFORTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS INCLUDE:
- Beginning in August 2018, we only offer straws upon request and have switched to 100% paper straw usage throughout the company.
- We work with brands and suppliers who share our commitment to sustainability, especially those who are local. We want to make sure our impact begins at the source.
- We use sustainably caught seafood in line with Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch guide and support.
- We use compostable serveware at our to-go locations.
- We use recycled paper to-go bags and, in several locations, sell reusable tote bags.
- We promote the use of reusable water containers and sell them at our retail locations.
- We reduce waste at the restaurant level by buying bulk ingredients, donating excess food to USO, and eliminating non-recyclable packaging.
- We also reduce waste and help conserve water by offering bread and water service on request only
- We recycle all of our cardboard, glass, newspapers, metal cans and plastics.
- We collect food for composting and donate our old linens to shelters.
- We use recycled copier paper, takeout containers, garbage bags, and recycled copier tone cartridges.
- We participate in regional Commuter Benefits programs.
- We have implemented good staff practices to make conservation part of our everyday operation.
- We conduct regular energy audits to find new ways to reduce, reuse, or recycle.
- We use efficient plumbing, lighting and appliances wherever possible and opt for bulk purchases to limit packaging material.
- We place extremely high importance on sustainable building materials and practices in our concepts and build-outs.